1. What city are you currently in and what do you love most about this city?
I am currently spending my time between Durban, Johannesburg, Cape town and London. I consider them all home. I love my nomadic lifestyle.
I love Johannesburg for the cosmopolitan lifestyle, diverse African cultures and endless opportunities. I love Cape town for its beautiful nature and landscapes. I love Durban for its beaches and easy lifestyle. I love London as the door to my global dreams, it’s a city where everything is possible musically.
2. Your favourite hangout spot in your home town is?
I am in Johannesburg and since I hardly go out, my favourite spot is my gin & vinyl bar at home.
3. A song that perfectly describes your country right now?
Riky Rick – Stay Shining.
4. What is on your music playlist currently?
- AKA – Zone
- Batundi ft. Da Capo – You & I
- Bonj – Til The Tide
- TRESOR ft. THE SOIL – Silale
5. What are you reading?
Hugh Masekela – Still Grazing.
6. What would you say is the biggest artistic impact Africa has had on the world?
Everything. The music, the rhythm, the style… we are the genesis of cool!
7. What is that one African dish you wish the entire world knew about?
Congolese fish, rice, cassava leaves and beans and plantain. Life changing!
8. What does your name mean?
TRESOR means treasure in French.
9. If you had one super power what would it be and why?
Super power to make every wish of mine come true. To provide education for poor youth around the world and empower the less fortunate.
10. If you weren’t a famous musician what would you be?
A forensic detective or pathologist.