1. What city are you currently in and what do you love most about this city?
I’m in Johannesburg. I was born here. I love the hustle of it all and the idea that if you put your mind to the test, you can achieve anything in the City of Gold.
2. Your favourite hangout spot in your home town is?
Sakhumzi restaurant in Soweto. The food is amazing and so is the energy. I have been hanging out there for years.
3. A song that perfectly describes your country right now?
King Monada “Malwedhe” – In an unliteral sense, we are a fun-loving nation who love to have a good time. We pride ourselves on our music and culture.
4. What is on your music playlist currently?
- Gigi LaMayne – Bozza
- Kwesta – Vur Vai
- Vusi Nova – Asphelelanga
5. What are you reading?
Robin Sharma – The monk who sold his Ferrari.
6. What would you say is the biggest artistic impact Africa has had on the world?
Dance and music. So many international acts have drawn from our dance and music through front running acts like Wiz Kid, Davido and Yemi Alade. Africa is definitely the new cool kid at school.
7. What is that one African dish you wish the entire world knew about?
Pap and Mogodu. What an amazing delicacy unique to us.
8. What does your name mean?
Gigi Lamayne is basically a re-arranged name from my birth name, Genesis Gabriella Tina Manney.
9. If you had one super power what would it be and why?
I would love to see the future, so I can alter it if I can.
10. If you weren’t a famous musician what would you be?
I would be a humanitarian working with UNICEF. I sill intend to take this path.